1) COLIS VOITURAGE is a limited company (SARL) under French law, registered with the Strasbourg Trade Register and with its Registered Office at 3 A rue du Docteur François 67000 Strasbourg, France.
2) The aim of our company is to connect private individuals, so that people wishing to send parcels or pieces of furniture can get in touch with other people who are planning to make the same journey and who are willing to transport the said parcels or furniture.
3) COLIS VOITURAGE plays no role whatsoever in deciding the financial contribution the courier might ask for. The courier is understood to be the person agreeing to transport the object in question.
4) COLIS VOITURAGE seeks only to put private individuals or associations into touch with each other.
II) THE SENDER :
1) The sender goes through COLIS VOITURAGE to find another private individual willing to transport a parcel or a piece of furniture to an address given by the sender, who undertakes to send only legal objects which present no danger of any kind.
2) Users of our website interested in sending an object will find offers of transport, and if they find one that matches their needs, they can initiate contact with the courier.
3) A sender must first register with the site. Registration is free of charge.
Although initial information is given out free of charge, couriers have to pay a yearly fee to be connected with potential senders. Neither your account (including ratings and comments) nor your username can be transferred or sold to a third party, in any form or for any reason.
The sender will complete the registration form and must provide us with current, complete and accurate information, in particular his/her civil status, address, telephone contact numbers and Email address.
4) COLIS VOITURAGE reserves the right to verify or authenticate information given, such as by sending an Email to check identities and addresses.
5) The role of COLIS VOITURAGE is simply to provide a method whereby senders and couriers can initiate contact with each other. Its role ends once the two parties have made contact and it is then up to the parties to agree to the terms and conditions relating to the transport of the object, such as pick-up and drop-off points, contribution to travel costs, etc.
6) As COLIS VOITURAGE has no involvement in the arrangement made between the two parties, the sender and the courier must agree as to all the terms of their arrangement. COLIS-VOITURAGE cannot be held liable for any of the agreements made between the parties.
7) COLIS VOITURAGE may hold information on the recipients of the parcels or furniture, but will only give out such information with the agreement of the people in question.
III) THE COURIER :
1) Any private individual who might be interested in becoming a courier can browse freely through the COLIS VOITURAGE website, without charge, and see all the current offers.
One of the basic principles of courier-sharing is that the courier must not make the journey specially to deliver the object, the journey must already have been planned. The idea is that the courier helps out the sender and must in no way act as a competitor to professional transporters.
You are reminded that road transport is subject to national and international regulations and you are invited to find out how they apply in your country..
2) If a private individual has a journey already planned, he/she can use our website to offer to take a parcel or piece of furniture by posting his/her offer on the site, giving all the details requested on the screen, such as the start and arrival dates, times and locations.
3) If the courier makes regular journeys in the United Kingdom or abroad, he or she can choose any of the four options listed before seeing details of sender requests.
Current rates are to be found in the "become a member" section
4) Once potential couriers have paid their fee, they can access our database and be put in touch with people who want to send a parcel or piece of furniture. It is then up to the courier and sender to set out the terms of the arrangement, such as the pick-up and drop-off dates, times and locations, as well as the contribution the sender will pay towards the courier's travel costs.
5) Once COLIS VOITURAGE has all the necessary details concerning the recipient, we will give this information to the courier, subject to certain terms, and following verification of the personal details given by the courier.
If necessary, the courier must advise his or her insurance company that he/she will be transporting the parcel or piece of furniture.
6) COLIS VOITURAGE gives no guarantee, either to the sender or to the courier and is not insured for the risks taken by the sender or the courier, which are their personal responsibility.
7) Subscriptions paid by the courier for using the website are made through a secure payment system, which will display on the screen at the start of the payment process.
Subscriptions cannot be reimbursed under any circumstances.
IV) SUNDRY :
1) You are required to accept these terms and conditions, which may be changed or modified at any time by COLIS VOITURAGE. You will be informed of any such changes or modifications, for your agreement.
Each transport arrangement is subject to the terms and conditions applicable at the date that the agreement between the sender and the courier is concluded.
2) Use of the COLIS VOITURAGE website is reserved for private individuals aged 18 and over and possessing the legal capacity to use this site and its services..
COLIS VOITURAGE may terminate a member's account at its sole discretion
3) COLIS VOITURAGE invoices are sent only as electronic documents and it is the member's responsibility to print them out as required. A paper version of the invoice may, however, be obtained upon request through a mail sent to email@example.com. The invoice will subsequently be posted to the address given by the member, and an additional charge of at least 2 euros will be made to cover administrative costs.
4) It is the personal responsibility of any member registered on our site to pay any tax or commissions resulting from objects sent or delivered.
5) COLIS VOITURAGE does not check the information members give to each other, such as descriptions of parcel content. The company is only able to check that a member's address matches his/her name.
6) Legal proceedings will be taken against any member or non-member causing damage of any kind to COLIS VOITURAGE. Users are informed that COLIS VOITURAGE does not make any profit when connecting senders and couriers. The company's revenue comes mainly through advertising, which each user agrees to see displayed on the screen.
7) Users are informed that these terms and conditions are governed by French law and agree that in the event of legal proceedings, the courts of Strasbourg will have exclusive jurisdiction.
8) As already mentioned in these Terms and Conditions, any illegal or fraudulent use of our site is strictly prohibited and COLIS VOITURAGE cannot guarantee the confidentiality of information given by a user convicted of fraud or other illegal behaviour.
9) Users are reminded that COLIS VOITURAGE is obliged to provide information to CNIL, the French data protection authority, according to applicable rules and regulations.
10) Our web site is not a commercial facility and as such users are prohibited from using the services of COLIS VOITURAGE for any commercial ends
11) In no event shall COLIS VOITURAGE be liable for any damages or actions of any kind arising from the agreements made between users of its website..
Any users who consider they have suffered damage with regard to another user for the sending, transporting or receiving a parcel or piece of furniture, may only take proceedings against that person and agree to hold COLIS VOITURAGE harmless for any claims or expenses.